Did you know?
A short, tailor-made showreel presenting your strongest acting material is your most effective marketing tool for getting work.
PRICES at bottom of page.
An online showreel allows a Casting Director to assess your suitability in a short time and convenient manner.
“[David at IconVideo.ie] viewed all that I had sent and gave me great suggestions, put an appropriate background on the green screen clip and had two finished drafts to discuss within two days. Afterwards, he made the adjustments I requested and had my finished reel completed. The entire process only took a week. I thoroughly enjoyed working with David and would not hesitate to recommend him to any of my professional actor colleagues.”
- Mark Tankersley, professional actor
Tips for Actor Showreels
Based on questions asked to Casting Directors:
- Get straight to the acting. Avoid long montages – they don’t show a busy Casting Director that you can ACT/maintain a character in a scene.
- Duration: Quality, not quantity. 3 minutes is long enough, but it can be longer if you have quality material.
- It's okay to mix drama and comedy scenes.
- No Shakespeare. Showreels are for film, video and TV work.
- Avoid well-known scenes/scripts to avoid comparisons with the original actor.
- Your chosen clips should have good sound and picture quality.
Do you have a question? Feel free to ask David.
Showreels from Scratch
Don’t have much material? No problem. New material suited to your casting type and acting style can be filmed for you.
How to get your footage to Icon Video.ie
If your footage is online, send the link to Icon Video.ie.
If your footage is on DVD, post the DVD or a copy to Icon Video.ie. If required, your DVD can be returned.
Icon Video.ie can work with most types of source footage.
How Your Showreel is Done
- Choose your strongest performances for inclusion.
- Contact Icon Video.ie with your selection. Almost any source is fine - online, DVD, etc.
- Have your headshot(s) ready for inclusion.
- Before editing, Icon will give feedback on your chosen material.
- If required, a new scene can be filmed for you.
- Receive up to 4 draft videos to tweak until you are happy with a final cut.
- Receive final cut for online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) plus the video file for you to keep.
- Showreel Edit from footage supplied: €200
- Filming a new scene* (includes edit of scene): €200
- Future minor additions or updates: €20 per hour.
*Simple scene, e.g. two characters interacting. No car chases or explosions!
- Filming and/or editing by an experienced professional with professional equipment.
- Completed video file sent to you.
You can pay a cowboy €50 to do a sloppy showreel that will get you zero work and waste that €50. Or you can invest a little more in an experienced professional with a better chance of getting work from a well-made marketing tool.